Original post: Sept. 29, 2019 / Updated: September 6, 2023
Sure! If you’re here, you might be looking for resources, support, or fellow parents and caregivers. We’re here to help.
pflag Halifax Monthly Meet-Up:
- Our monthly meet-ups are back and you can read all about them and register below!
Fall 2023: Monthly Support Groups:
REGISTER HERE TO ATTEND IN PERSON OR VIRTUALLY:
Who is pflag Canada?
- IWK Trans Health Team and Self-Referral Line:
- https://library.nshealth.ca/TransGenderDiverse/Hormones and
- Call Central Referral at 902-464-4110 or toll-free at 1-888-470-5888 and ask to meet with the team.
- Name Change and Gender Marker Change Pathway to assist with paperwork and free CLINICS: https://www.simplygoodform.com/NAME_GENDER_MARKER_CHANGE_PATHWAY
- Financial grant support for trans affirming youth care: Phoenix Youth Programs: https://phoenixyouth.ca/
- Phoenix Youth Terminology Dictionary: https://phoenixyouth.ca/sites/default/files/news/files/2slgbtqia_dictionary.pdf
- Halifax Sexual Health Centre www.hshc.ca
- Trans Lifeline 1-877-330-6366 (national service) www.translifeline.org
- South House www.southhousehalifax.org
- Youth Project www.youthproject.ns.ca
- Community Health Teams www.communityhealthteams.ca
- Nova Scotia Health Library Services https://library.nshealth.ca/TransGenderDiverse
CMHA Parent Connection Series Winter 2023
In this session we introduced participants to some of the Parent/Caregiver peer support groups that are available to offer insight, and support from a place of lived experience. FACILITATORS: BriAnna Simons, Roseita Corbett or Cynthia Sweeney and Veronica Merryfield
I’ve books to share on a lendable basis – they’re here to help you through Pflag Halifax and also for schools.
If you’re interested in checking out The Pink Balloon, a story about gender identity and shining as your true self, please take a peak at my author page. I’ve stickers, trans butterfly pins and postcards also available.
Have resources to share? Please reach out, we’d be pleased to add them.
From my village to yours,